Monday, May 18, 2015

Rhubarb Rugelach

A tangy take on the classic Jewish cookie.


By Tamar Fox for MyJewishLearning.com

Rhubarb is one of my favorite parts of spring. It shows up early in the growing season and provides a nice tart kick to so many desserts of the season. Everyone knows to put rhubarb in pies, and rhubarb cobblers and crisps are always a good bet at the end of a Shabbat or holiday meal. But this year as the beginning of rhubarb season coincided with Shavuot, I wondered if I could integrate some rhubarb into traditional Shavuot recipes.First I went with something simple. I made a traditional cheesecake (in my case vanilla with white chocolate) and then added rhubarb compote on top. The results were deemed a smashing success by my taste testers, but then I was left with quite a bit of extra rhubarb compote, and wasn’t sure what to do with it.

Continue reading.

For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.


No comments:

Post a Comment