Monday, August 24, 2015

One Pan Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots

By Shannon Sarna on The Nosher for MyJewishLearning.com

Simple roasted chicken is one of those dishes everyone wants to make perfectly, including me. And while I think I’ve done a pretty decent job in the past with my citrus and herb roasted chicken, I wanted to make it better, with a moist, flavorful inside, crispy outside and maybe even a side dish all wrapped into one pan. I wanted it all.

As I was working on this dish the past 6 months, I was getting frustrated that things just weren’t turning out the way I envisioned. The skin wasn’t quite crispy enough, and sometimes the inside was still pink. And so my husband came home one day with Roasting: A Simple Art by Barbara Kafka. I really love this book, and not just for her tips on roasting chicken.  But the tip I took to heart most of all was the cooking temperature.

Continue reading.

For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.


No comments:

Post a Comment