Monday, September 28, 2015

Red Rice and Beet Cakes with Honey Mustard

From ToriAvey.com

Maria Speck and I have managed to become good friends, even though we’ve never officially met in person (not for want of trying!). Maria is a talented food journalist and author of Ancient Grains for Modern Meals and, most recently, Simply Ancient Grains. I honestly feel that Maria and I are kindred cooking spirits. When I flip through her gorgeous cookbooks, it’s like she’s channeling my culinary imagination, combining the unique flavor combinations and ingredients that I often dream about. Her approach to cooking is both healthy and exciting, while celebrating the glory of whole grains (some less known than others) that have been with us for centuries. If you’re looking for an interesting way to integrate more healthy meals into your repertoire, I highly recommend both of her books – the photos alone will have you drooling!

Continue reading.


For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.

No comments:

Post a Comment