Monday, March 28, 2016

Not Your Bubbe's Matzo Brei: Matzo Brei with Roasted Peppers, Olives & Parsley

From the Blog: Mango & Tomato

Happy Passover! I think of myself as a cultural Jew: I enjoy Jewish folklore, holiday traditions, and food, but don't visit a synagogue regularly, pray, or keep Kosher.

This past week, I picked up a box of matzo at Whole Foods and decided to make matzo brei for breakfast. Typically, matzo brei is made with eggs and a bit of seasoning. Many people I know use cinnamon and sugar, but that's not my cup of tea. My dad makes matzo brei with salt, pepper, dill, and a generous amount of oil for frying. I decided to come up with something a bit different and more filling: Not Your Bubbe's Matzo Brei: Matzo Brei with Roasted Peppers, Olives & Parsley.

Continue reading.

For more Passover news, check out our    page.

No comments:

Post a Comment