Monday, May 23, 2016

Chocolate, Halvah, and Tahini Swirl Buns Recipe

By Chaya Rappoport in The Nosher for MyJewishLearning.com   

I had my first proper halva experience at The Halva Kingdom in the Machane Yehuda Shuk in Jerusalem. I’d never really liked halva before that–the one or two times I’d tasted it, it always had a weird, crumbly texture and slightly bitter aftertaste. But in the shuk, surrounded by dozens of varieties of blocks of halva, I couldn’t resist trying the sample offered to me by the charming vendor.

You guys, it was so, so good! I was pleasantly shocked at how much I liked it. It had this unbelievably creamy, melt-in-your-mouth consistency and a satisfying richness. I bought two varieties–pistachio and coffee–to take home, and couldn’t resist nibbling on the candy the whole tram ride back.

Continue reading.

For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.

No comments:

Post a Comment