Monday, May 6, 2013

Chili With Cornbread Baked on Top


A recipe to bring to a new mom or dad.


This chili with cornbread is my favorite thing to make for parents of newborns. It's a delicious way of showing you care and are excited for and supportive of the new family.

The art of bringing food to a new mom (or dad) isn't just in choosing a recipe and making it. The whole point of bringing a meal is to be helpful and supportive, so you want to bring everything in a way that's as low maintenance as possible. I bring things in recyclable or disposable containers, and make it clear that I don't expect them to be returned. Often, I buy a new dish, bake the food in it, and give the meal and the dish to the family as a gift. When I bring the food I try to include a note about what's in everything, and I make an effort not to stay too long when I'm dropping off the food (unless I'm invited to stick around).

Continue for recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment