Monday, April 7, 2014

Salt & Pepper Spaghetti Squash Kugel

By Aviva Kanoff for The Nosher

Spaghetti Squash KugelWhile looking at cooked spaghetti squash one day and noticing its remarkable likeness to its namesake, spaghetti, I was inspired to experiment with a noodle kugel. I researched classic recipes for a “yerushalmi kugel” calling for caramelized sugar using 2 cups of oil and two cups of sugar, in addition to eggs. At first I attempted it, but seeing all that oil and sugar in the pan, I couldn’t bare to expose my beautiful and healthful squash to such a fatty fate and decided to experiment starting with just a teaspoon of sugar and a few tablespoons of oil. To my surprise and delight, the kugel came out light, fluffy and delicious.

Salt & Pepper Spaghetti Squash Kugel


Ingredients
3 cups shredded spaghetti squash

3 large eggs

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

2 tsp sugar

¼ cup matzah meal

¼ cup canola oil

Directions

 Continue reading.
  For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.

No comments:

Post a Comment