Monday, July 28, 2014

When It Comes to Food, Southerners & Israelis Have a Lot in Common

By Michelle Ferguson-Cohen for Raising Kvell

Southerners & Israelis I am a southerner. My husband is an Isreali. On the outset, many people think it is a strange pairing, but in fact, our backgrounds share much in common. We are both from communities made up of tenacious people of faith whose circumstances inspire ingenuity and who are intensely tied to the land.

I was not raised Jewish, but my spiritual journey to Judaism began long before I met my husband. I converted on my own terms, yet my decision to go kosher was one that was venturing into a new and frightening territory. It was encroaching on the little piece of home that I had left, my kitchen.

Continue reading.
For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.


No comments:

Post a Comment