Monday, August 11, 2014

SUMMER VEGETABLE AND RICOTTA PASTA

From Jaime Geller on The Joy of Kosher

I call this MY DINNER IN A BAG. I park next to the Farmer’s market, grab my basket and pick whatever vegetables look good to me. Race home, boil water and 15 minutes later I have a healthy and homemade dinner. You can vary this dish by using whatever vegetables are in season. The creamy and rich homemade cheese all gooey and folded into the pasta is simply heavenly and is a perfect way to end the day.

SUMMER VEGETABLE AND RICOTTA PASTAPrep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 15 min
Ready Time : 30 min

4 Servings

Ingredients
1 pound pasta, cooked al dente (I use whole wheat pasta)
Best quality extra virgin olive oil
2 cups grated zucchini, I use a box grater
1 cup grated onion
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated beets
2 cups kale
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
½ cup torn basil leaves
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 ½ cups ricotta cheese (see recipe)
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper

Keep reading for directions.

For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.



No comments:

Post a Comment