Monday, January 26, 2015

Buffalo Quinoa ‘Mac’ & Cheese

From DomesticSuperhero.com

The last month or so we have been on a healthy food kick at our house.  We haven’t really been indulging in the usual pasta, pizza, and cheese laden dishes.  I have been pretty good at making really healthy recipes for dinner, but when I saw a recipe for Buffalo Quinoa Mac and Cheese I almost had a heart attack.  How could I have never thought of this before??  I love quinoa.  I love buffalo anything.  I love cheese.  Hmmm…..DING DING DING, we found ourselves a winner!  The original recipe from Iowa Girl Eats called for chicken, so it can easily be added for all the meat eaters out there.  BUT, let me say that I really don’t even think this dish needs any meat.  It is so hearty from the quinoa, and the buffalo sauce and blue cheese are so satisfying. 

Continue reading.


For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.


1 comment:

  1. There were two food stations; sliced roast chicken and a beef brisket with mashed sweet potato served in a cast iron casserole! The beef recommended by event planner was really tasty and tender.

    ReplyDelete