Monday, January 19, 2015

Lamb Supreme Cholent

By Shannon Sarna for MyJewishLearning.com

Lamb shanks and special spices like coriander, tumeric and paprika gives this cholent an extra flare.

Ingredients

3 lbs lamb shanks
4 carrots, cut into large chunks
2 onions, diced
3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2
4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons coriander
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
pinch red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2-3 cups water
Fresh mint and parsley (optional) Continue reading.

Continue reading.

For more great Jewish cooking ideas, check out our    page.


1 comment:

  1. The Lamb Supreme Cholent recipe look really Yummy and attractive. I recently came back from grand central terminal nyc tour with my family. This Valentine's day I will try to cook it at my home. I hope my family will like it and appreciated me.

    ReplyDelete