Monday, September 21, 2015

Four Fresh and Elegant Yom Kippur Break-Fast Recipes

By Kim Kushner for The Nosher

Break-fast is all about indulging. Everybody is starving and has spent all day contemplating what they are going to “break their fast on” (or is that just me?) Make it worth their while – give them foods that will make them lick their lips and dip into like this charred eggplant dip with maple drizzle – it is smoky but sweet- perfect to serve along with crudite or warmed bread. I love making the caramelized onion, dill and smoked salmon frittata because its the ultimate Jewish all-in one dish. All that’s missing is the bagel, which no doubt, you will serve alongside. As a child, I always grew up eating my mom’s delicious avocado and hearts of palm salad.  Its just one of those dishes that tastes like home to me, which is why I always have it on my break-fast table. But, the piece de resistance is without a doubt the Sticky Date Bread Pudding. Warm toasty challah, doused in gooey, sticky caramel sauce that’s been sweetened with golden dates…it’s perfection.

Continue reading.

Check out Jvillage’s High Holiday+    page.

The High Holidays are upon us, check out our High Holidays Spotlight Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment